Death...in poetic form

The first time I felt really satisfied with a work kn this blog was that initial post about death. That is not to say that it was perfect, it still had errors like any other post and some parts where I thought faster than I typed.

I wrote this poem to explore what a person might think on his deathbed, not that I have any experience.


Deathbed


I feel it now, creeping towards me

Death, dark and final visits

Stretching its icy hands over me,until I can't see

And my soul disappears into an invisible mist


I feel much sadness and regret

At my life having come to an end

But no good will such thoughts beget

For no life will remain, to protect or mend


My body which I guarded preciously 

My riches for which I worried endlessly

Has now been taken taken from me, so viciously

Like a child who loses his toy carelessly


My son weeps for his father

My wife for the man she loved

Once they too die, no man will bother

My memories and life will have stopped


Yet perhaps death is not so bad

No pain nor agony 

Nothing to make me sad

Just a silence, cold and stony

                                           Aby



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of our greatest assets, the ability to think

Friends and expectations

Living in harmony with fear